Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Office of Student Activities
- Volunteer Now: Macomb Area Volunteer Center (MAVC) seeks to enhance the spirit and quality of community life by connecting people with opportunities to serve, building capacity for local volunteering, promoting volunteerism and participating in strategic initiatives.
- The Corporation for National and Community Service engages Americans of all ages and backgrounds in service to help strengthen communities through AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, and Learn and Serve America.
- Campus Compact is a national coalition of more than 740 college and university presidents committed to the civic purposes of higher education. To support this civic mission, Campus Compact promotes community service that develops students' citizenship skills and values, encourages partnerships between campuses and communities, and assists faculty who seek to integrate public and community engagement into their teaching and research.
- The National Commission on Service-Learning will bring a new level of public commitment to service-learning by (1) developing recommendations and an action plan to make quality service-learning available to all K-12 students and (2) encouraging adoption of service-learning among target audiences. These audiences include teachers in K-12 public schools; education administrators in school districts and at the state level; and elected and appointed officials at the federal, state and local levels.
- The work of the Clearinghouse is to support Learn and Serve America grantees, as well as other programs engaged in service-learning, through the collection and dissemination of information and materials.
- The mission of the Service-Learning Center is to advance the service-learning field by furthering the understanding of service-learning through the development, implementation, facilitation, and evaluation of community service programs that are an integral part of the academic curriculum.
- The purpose of this site is to serve as a virtual guide to, and library of, service-learning. Its primary focus is service-learning in higher education.
To submit a link to the Volunteer Services Links Page, contact Volunteer Services by phone at 309-298-3232 or stop in the Office of Student Activities on the first floor of the University Union.
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-3232
Fax: (309) 298-2879