Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Office of Student Activities
Registration Checklist for Student Organizations
All student organizations are required to complete the registration process annually. In Fall 2012 all organizations will need to register by September 15, 2012 in order to transition to PurplePost.
A New Look for Registration
Registration for organizations will look a little different starting this Fall! PurplePost is WIU's social media source for all registered student organizations. If your organization is currently registered with the OSA, you can register now at PurplePost. If you are looking to start a new organization on campus, please contact Jaime at JL-Vilsack@wiu.edu or 309-298-3232.
Checklist of Items
Before you begin the registration process for your organization, please gather the following required items:
- Names, WIU ID numbers, phone numbers, and email addresses of the president and treasurer.
- Name, title, phone number, and email address of the faculty/staff advisor.
- Current electronic copy of the organization's Constitution and/or Bylaws. Please note: the Constitution MUST have been reviewed, updated, and/or revised within the last two years and have the last review date noted on the constitution! Constitutions MUST also contain the amendments required by the University. The list of and wording for the required amendments can be found on the Sample Constitution & By-Laws in the Student Organization Registration & Policy Manual.
- A list of at least 10 active members and email addresses.
To make the most of your organization's page on PurplePost, please gather the following optional items:
- Organization Photo or Logo
- Organization Description or Mission Statement
- Website address, Facebook or Twitter account info
- Full membership list with email addresses
- The Fall registration deadline is September 15. If the deadline date falls on a weekend, registration will be due the Friday prior.
- If an organization fails to register by the deadline their student organization privileges will be temporarily suspended until the registration process is completed. If their registration is not completed by the end of September, the organization will lose their privileges for the remainder of the year and will not be allowed to renew their registration until the following academic year. Organization privileges include but are not limited to reserving meeting rooms and event space, utilizing organization accounts, and holding events.
If you have any questions or concerns about the registration process, please call 298-3232 or email M-Harvey@wiu.edu. For additional information about the Office of Student Activities, visit our website.
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-3232
Fax: (309) 298-2879