Office of Student Activities
- The Corporation for National and Community Service engages Americans of all ages and backgrounds in service to help strengthen communities through AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, and Learn and Serve America.
- Campus Compact is a national coalition of more than 740 college and university presidents committed to the civic purposes of higher education. To support this civic mission, Campus Compact promotes community service that develops students' citizenship skills and values, encourages partnerships between campuses and communities, and assists faculty who seek to integrate public and community engagement into their teaching and research.
- The National Commission on Service-Learning will bring a new level of public commitment to service-learning by (1) developing recommendations and an action plan to make quality service-learning available to all K-12 students and (2) encouraging adoption of service-learning among target audiences. These audiences include teachers in K-12 public schools; education administrators in school districts and at the state level; and elected and appointed officials at the federal, state and local levels.
- The work of the Clearinghouse is to support Learn and Serve America grantees, as well as other programs engaged in service-learning, through the collection and dissemination of information and materials.
- UC Berkeley provides a summary of issues one should consider when introducing a service learning component into a course. (Tools for Teaching, manuscript of second edition 2007, by Barbara Gross Davis, to be published by Jossey Bass)
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-3232
Fax: (309) 298-2879