Student Development Office
Parents and Family Association
The Parents and Family Association (PFA) is a dynamic membership organization that forms a vital link between parents, students, and the University. The mission of the PFA is to promote communication and interaction between Western Illinois University and the parents and family members of WIU students. Along with the enhanced communication, the PFA also provides scholarships, planned events, and partnerships to help parents through their student's college experience.
- Enhance communication between parents and family members of Western Illinois University students and the University administration.
- Promote and support networking with Western Illinois University administrators, student affairs professionals, alumni, and other critical stakeholders.
- Provide a support system for parents and family members of Western Illinois University students.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who is a member of PFA?
All parents or guardians of active WIU students are members of PFA.
What are the benefits of PFA membership?
PFA membership provides parents and family with increased knowledge of calendar dates and campus events and activities. Families will receive at least three e-mails with updates per semester.
What is PFA Gold?
PFA Gold membership provides additional benefits to PFA members. Membership costs $20/year. First-time Gold Members receive a WIU gift.
What are the benefits of PFA Gold membership?
Gold members receive all the benefits of PFA plus…
- In-depth newsletters via email two to three times a semester
- First release of the Union Hotel rooms for Dads’ Day and Moms’ Day (Closer to event dates, Gold Members will receive a date and a code to call to reserve rooms on a first-come, first-serve basis.)
- Scholarship opportunities
Gold Membership is active until the end of the current academic year.
How can I upgrade my PFA membership to PFA Gold?
The membership form is located here. Membership will not become active until payment is received. Checks should be payable to “WIU Parents and Family Association”.
To effectively communicate with parents and family members, we need your current email address. You may submit your email address to email@example.com with your student's first and last name or ID number.