Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
This manual is published by the Western Illinois University Financial Aid Office to answer many of the questions student employees and their supervisors may have about student employment at Western.
While the information contained in this publication is in effect at the time of publication, there is always the potential for revision in policy and procedures.
Student employees at Western are an important part of the university work force. Many graduates use their student employment experiences as a work reference. Prospective employers contact supervisors for references, therefore, it is advantageous for the student to be a conscientious, dependable employee.
With approximately 2,300 Regular Student Employees and almost 250 Federal Work-Study Employees working on campus, student employees play a significant role in the day-to-day functioning of Western Illinois University. Student employees perform a wide range of duties from general office assistance to those duties requiring highly specialized training in such areas as computer programming and accounting. The wages paid to Regular Student Employees and Federal Work-Study Employees account for over 2.4 million dollars of the WIU payroll. Student employees cannot be used to displace regular, non-student employees.
If after consulting this manual you still have questions, please contact the Student Employment Division of the Financial Aid Office (Sherman 127) at 298-1996.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Policy Statement on Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Working on Campus
- Federal Work-Study vs. Regular Student Employment
- Guideline for Conducting Interviews
- Paperwork Required for Hiring Students
- Information for WIU Employers Hiring Non-U.S. Student Workers
- Student Employee Job Levels
- Online Time Card Information
- Terminating Student Employment
- Payroll Reports
- Western Illinois University's Discrimination Complaint Procedures
- Western Illinois University Anti-Harassment Policy
- Western Illinois University's Drug-Free Work Place Policy Statement
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy
- Western Illinois University Employment of Individuals with Disabilities Policy
- Western Illinois University Safety Policy