Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Admissions Frequently Asked Questions
We have compiled a short list of some of the most frequently asked questions regarding admissions. Please check here for an answer to your question.
What is your deadline for admissions?
- For freshman students coming in the fall it is May 15.
- For transfer students coming in the fall it is August 1.
- For all students coming in the spring it is December 1.
Do I have to send my college transcripts from each college I have attended?
- Yes, we might evaluate your credits differently than your previous college did.
Do I need to send a personal statement and letters of recommendation with my application?
- Only if you do not meet requirements do you need to send these things.
- For the personal statement we recommend that you tell: why you want to come to Western, why you think you would do well here and anything you are comfortable explaining that affected your grades.
- For the recommendation letters, those should be from academic teachers that can tell how you are doing in the classroom.
What are your freshman admissions requirements?
What are your transfer requirements?
How much is tuition and other costs?
When can I come visit campus?
- Campus visits are available during most days of the month with the exception of Sunday. View more information on visit options and schedule a visit online.
Can I attend the Quad City campus as a freshman?
- Yes, beginning this Fall 2012, you can be part of history and enroll as a freshman to begin your university experience at WIU-Quad Cities.
- Pick the pathway that is best for you:
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
- Once we have received all your information you should hear something within 2-4 weeks.
How do I check the status of my application?
- We do not have a way for students to check their status online at this time. The student may call our toll free number at 877-742-5948 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if all your information has been received and if your file has been processed.
How will I be notified of my acceptance?
- You will receive a welcome packet in the mail with your acceptance letter, certificate, and information about housing, registration and financial aid.
What do I need to do to let Western know that I plan on attending after I am accepted?
- There is information in your welcome packet on how to sign up for housing and registration. Once you do these two things, we assume you are coming to Western.
Can I bring a car to campus?
- Yes, anyone can have a car on campus. The price for a Q-lot sticker is $36. If you would like a residential lot sticker, they are $72 (though the number of parking stickers is limited). View more information on parking at WIU.
Who is my academic adviser?
- Find your anticipated major on the Undergraduate Adviser Directory to locate your adviser.
How do I contact departments other than Admissions?
Still have a Question?
Admissions counselors are available to help answer your questions. Contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at 877/PICK WIU or email email@example.com .
You can also visit the Utech Knowledge Base to look for more specific questions.
Can't find an answer to your question?
Admissions counselors are available to help answer your questions. Contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office at 877/PICK WIU or email firstname.lastname@example.org