Directions to Campus
Western Illinois University's residential campus is located in Macomb, Illinois, at the hub of Highways 67 (north-south) and 136 (east-west).
From the Chicago area: Travel west on I-88 or I-80.
- On I-88W, take exit #1A to I-74 east to Peoria.
- On I-80 W, take exit I-74 east to Peoria.
- On I-74 east, exit #46A to U.S. 34 west to Galesburg/Monmouth.
- At Monmouth, take Highway 67 south, 30 miles to Macomb.
- Amtrak provides swift, affordable rail service from Chicago to Macomb with nine stops en route.
From St. Louis and other points south: Take U.S. 67 north to Macomb or take I-70 west or U.S. 40/61 north to U.S. 61 north.
- At Hannibal, take U.S. 36 east to I-172/U.S. 336 north to Carthage, to U.S. 136 east to Macomb.
- From eastern Illinois: Find the most convenient route to U.S. 136 and travel west to Macomb.
|Bloomington/Normal||2 hours||Ft. Madison, IA||1 hour|
|Burlington, IA||1 hour||Keokuk, IA||1 hour|
|Carbondale||5 hours||Peoria||1.5 hours|
|Campaign/Urbana||2.5 hours||Quad Cities||1.5 hours|
|Chicago||4 hours||Quincy||1.25 hours|
|Chicago North Suburbs||4.5 hours||Rockford||3.5 hours|
|Chicago South/West Suburbs||3.5 hours||Springfield||1.5 hours|
|Effingham||3.75 hours||St. Louis, MO||3 hours|