Orientation Team Leadership Description
Be a Part of The Orientation Team
Assist with Summer Orientation and Registration (SOAR) programs,
New Student Registration programs, and Fall Orientation
- Assist new students and their families in their Western Illinois University transition.
- Join 17 other selected student leaders for a fun, challenging, and memorable experience.
- Gain valuable career-enhancing leadership experience.
- Receive compensation along with room and board during SOAR programs.
- Serve as a guide and resource person for incoming students and families during SOAR.
- Present and facilitate small group sessions and discussions.
- Lead campus tours.
- Assist with physical set up and tear down of programs and activities (capable of lifting up to 50 pounds).
- Guide and direct students and their families to various campus locations.
- Live in an assigned Western Illinois University residence hall during SOAR with the new students.
- Observe and address student behavior to enforce all rules, regulations, safety, and discipline in the residence hall.
- Facilitate emergency plans and procedures.
- Be confident and assertive in addressing students and their families.
- Play an active role in Fall Orientation.
- Enrollment at Western Illinois University for the upcoming fall semester.
- Minimum 2.500 GPA and positive judicial standing at the time of application and maintain throughout tenure of position.
- General knowledge of Western Illinois University resources.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to lead tours of campus, escort students and families around campus, and assist with physical set up and tear down of programs and activities (capable of lifting up to 50 pounds).
- Availability for training, Summer Orientation and Registration programs, New Student Registration programs, and Fall Orientation, and other programs as needed. (Please review dates of commitments located in application packet.)
Application & Selection Process
Apply online now on PurplePost!
**APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED**
- Applicant will sign-up for a group interview session by calling the Admissions Office at (309) 298-3157 or stopping by Sherman Hall 115. Sessions will be held February 8th-11th, 2016.
- A reception will be held Monday, February 15th, from 7:30-8:30pm for selected applicants to meet and sign-up for individual interviews. Those unable to attend will need to contact the Orientation Office directly to sign-up for an individual interview.
- Individual interviews will be held February 23-26.
- The 2016 Orientation Team will be announced in March 2016.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (309) 298-3157 for any questions.
**Interview schedule subject to change.**