Undergraduate Admissions

Transfer Student Housing

Transfer Students have the opportunity to live on or off campus depending on the number of credit hours that have been earned prior to beginning at WIU.

  • Students that will have 60 or more earned credit hours are able to live on or off campus.
  • Students with less than 60 earned hours will be REQUIRED to live on campus or will need to petition to University Housing and Dining and apply for a waiver
    • Students with past active military credit of one year or more may apply that to living and other residence hall living experience to meet requirements.
    • Other exemptions like medical reasons, age and families may also have this requirement waived. Please see the University Housing and Dining
    • To receive petition information come to the Housing office in Seal Hall or contact by Phone or email at : (309) 298-2461 housing@wiu.edu
  • Please check out our University Housing and Dining Services Website for Housing options, meal plans and other importation information.