University Union Board
Schedule of Events
Family Day Activities for Saturday, September 10 2016
Chair Massage by Tammy
- 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, On-site, licensed massage therapist, Tammy Jo Miller offers soothing massage for $1.00/minute; cash, check, debit or credit, or Rocky Dollars accepted at Spencer Student Recreation Center, Colgate Room.
- Call the Campus Recreation Office at (309) 298-1228 ext. 221 or 222 to schedule an appointment.
Leatherneck Game Day Tailgating
- Southwest corner of Q Lot
- 10:00AM - 4:00PM.
- Enjoy socializing with the Leatherneck Nation! Spots are first-come, first-served. No glass containers. Clean up is required.
Family Day T-Shirt Sales Table
- Hanson Field grounds, near the tall flags
- 12PM - 3:00PM.
- Information, directions and t-shirt sales with the University Union Board, sponsors of Family Day. See t-shirt sample in the Family Day main page listing.
- T-shirt prices: Youth-XL $10/2XL-3XL $12
Family Day Picnic
- Under the big tent and grills north of Hanson Field
- 12:00PM - 3:00PM (or before)
- Free meals, 1 per person, until the supply runs out. Enjoy standard picnic fare with your choice of hot dogs or hamburgers with chips, cookie and canned sodas. Veggie burgers available upon request.
Tailgating Main Stage Concert: Please Check Back in Summer 2016 For More Family Day Concert Information
- West Q Lot Festival Stage
- 12:30PM - 2:00PM
- Free Admission
- The University Union Board is proud to present a free concert.
Leatherneck Football: WIU Leathernecks vs. TBD
Suggested Activities for Sunday, September 11
Brunch in the Halls!
- Thompson or Corbin/Olson Hall dining centers.
- See Campus Map for locations.
- 11:00AM - 1:30PM
- Cash and student cards accepted ONLY.
- Sodexo Campus Services provides an a la carte Sunday brunch with something for everyone. Family Day menu
Macomb Area Restaurants serving Breakfast:
- Macomb Family Diner, West Jackson Street, serving from 7AM-3PM
- The Red Ox, 1302 West Jackson Street, serving from 11AM-2PM
- Rocky's Bar & Grill, 1402 West Jackson Street, serving from 7AM-2PM
- Sunrise Family Restaurant, 307 East University Drive, serving breakfast from 6AM-11PM
Ball Fore Family Fun
- US HWY 136, west of Macomb.
- Call 309-836-9741 for hours.
- Offering mini-golf at $5 per person; batting cages at $1 per token for 12 pitches; golf driving range at $5 per bucket of balls; free sand volleyball court and basketball court. All equipment available.
Spring Lake Park On Your Own Activities
- Located 2 miles North of Macomb & Western Illinois University on Route 67 West. Take a left on Spring Lake Road and go 1.8 miles. Entrance is on the right.
- 5:30AM – 10:00PM
- Enjoy the quaint setting by a 230 acre lake stocked with numerous fish and where you don't need a reservation to camp. Amenities include: two boat launches, bait, ice, firewood, canoe, row boat rentals, horseshoe pit, hiking/biking trails, and playground.