Western Illinois University VPN Client for iPhones
The VPN client used by iOS devices (iPhones and iPads) to connect to WIU's VPN was affected by the Heartbleed vulnerability discovered in early April 2014. All iOS users are advised to update their client to the newest version via Apple's Appstore if they wish to connect to WIU's VPN. Please call the uTech Support Center at 309-298-2704 for assistance.
The AnyConnect VPN client for iPhone needs to be downloaded and installed from the iTunes store. Please search for Cisco AnyConnect to find this application.
Once the AnyConnect VPN client is installed please follow the instructions below for configuration.
- Open AnyConnect application.
- Click ok on "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" message.
- Click on "Add VPN Connection".
- Assign the following:
- Description = WIU VPN Connection
- Server Address = vpn.wiu.edu
- Network Roaming = On
- Use Certificates = Off
- Click Save