Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Document and Publication Services
The mission of Document and Publication Services (DPS) is to provide publication services from concept to delivery for the campus community by streamlining the publishing, printing, and duplication process. DPS provides the following services: design, layout, editing, printing, production, premail preparation, distribution, and mailing. All services, with the exception of mailing, are made available to the campus community on a cost-recovery basis.
DPS strives to meet the needs of the University by providing cost-effective use of campus resources and high-quality materials while ensuring adherence to Western's established visual identity and values.
Ensuring Quality and Consistency
DPS, University Relations, and the Visual Production Center work together to maintain the University's Visual Identity Standards and Guidelines.
Purchase of Postage Stamps
The State of Illinois requires postage stamps and postcards purchased for official state business to be perforated with an "I." DPS Mailing Services maintains a supply of postage supplies for University use. If you need to purchase a large supply of stamps or postcards, please request these prior to the date needed. Purchases of stamps and postcards from any source other than DPS Mailing Services cannot be reimbursed to the department.
DPS provides services in the following areas:
- Prepress - design, layout, editing, and content development
- Premail - assistance with automated mailings, preparation and printing of certificates, invitations, personalized letters, accent color on envelopes, and business reply envelopes
- Assembly, Packaging, and Shipping - bundling in trays or bags, sealing of envelopes, application of postal stickers, application of indicia, completion of postal statement, application of labels, insertion of material into envelopes, production of labels, disk , or e-mail submission for inkjet labeling, tabbing, and sorting
- Printing, Production, and Bindery - custom color press-quality printing and duplication, high-volume black and white printing; laminating, trimming, perforating, scoring, numbering, punching and wrapping, folding, saddle stitching, coiling, and comb binding
- Off-Campus Printing Coordination - To reorder or place a new order for an off-campus printing job, fill out the DPS Request for Printing Form. For new orders, call to schedule an appointment after completing the online form.
- Mailing Services - on-campus, off-campus mail, purchase of postage stamps, automated mail
Document and Publication Services handles projects related to official Western Illinois University business. Examples include the following:
- Annual reports
- Binder covers
- CDs and CD packaging
- Departmental letterhead/envelopes
- Hang tags
- Magazine ads
- Membership cards
- Memo pads
- Name tags
- Newspaper ads
- Order forms
- Place cards
- Promotional items
- Specialty envelopes
- Table tents
- Video packaging
- Weekly planners
Deliveries and Drop-Off Points
DPS offers free, convenient pick-up and delivery service. Each day, pick-ups are made in the morning and deliveries are made in the morning and the afternoon; special arrangements can be made when deadlines are pressing, Pick-ups/deliveries are made to buildings throughout campus and daily to the Quad Cities.
Drop-off points for print projects are also located in most of the main buildings on campus for the convenience of DPS clients. Each building has a designated DPS drop-off coordinator (DOC). Clients may leave the job with the DOC, and DPS delivery and pick-up staff will retrieve it. Completed projects will then be delivered directly to the client who initiated the job. See the listing on the DPS website to find the nearest DPS drop-off point.
On-Campus Camera-Ready Jobs
In order to have camera-ready jobs produced on campus, a DPS short form must be completed. DPS will provide a supply of these forms upon request. Please call the phone number above, and DPS will deliver the forms the same day.
Once the form has been completed, the job must be delivered to DPS Stipes or DPS Union via drop-off locations, campus mail, or in person.
Off-Campus Camera-Ready Jobs
Document and Publication Services also works with outside vendors to coordinate printing for projects that need to be printed off-campus. Western Illinois University prohibits the use of University funds for printing, copying, and related services performed by non-University service providers without prior approval by DPS. The Purchasing office and Business Services review such requests and expenditures for compliance to this and other policies and will not authorize payment from University accounts for such services. Call to schedule a meeting regarding these jobs.
To reorder or place a new order for an off-campus printing job, fill out the Request for Printing Form on the DPS website listed above. Once a form has been completed for new jobs, schedule a meeting to discuss specifications with a member of DPS staff.
New Projects Requiring Prepress Services
To initiate a new project requiring prepress services, call to schedule an appointment with DPS staff to discuss timelines and specifications.
*pdf - Some links will take the user to a PDF file, which may not be accessible to people with disabilities. If you find you need further assistance with a specific file, call Document & Publication Services at 309/ 298-1000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensuring Quality and Consistency
- Purchase of Postage Stamps
- Deliveries and Drop-Off Points
- Business Cards
- Departmental Letterhead/Envelopes
- On-Campus Camera-Ready Jobs
- Off-Campus Camera-Ready Jobs
- New Projects Requiring Prepress Services
- PDF Accessibility