Financial Systems Administration
Phone: 309/298-1811 Fax: 309/298-2811
The purpose of the Financial Systems area is to manage the operations of the Payroll office, Document Imaging office, and the Financial Systems office and to coordinate electronic solutions for the Business Services division.
The Business Services division has implemented electronic imaging of forms received, including Direct Pay Authorizations, Travel Vouchers, etc. This means that all documents previously stored in the fileroom are being scanned and stored electronically. In an effort to expedite the scanning process, Business Services requests that campus departments follow these procedures when processing forms with receipts:
- Tape all receipts to an 8.5" X 11" sheet of white paper.
- Receipts should be taped flat with no wrinkles.
- Receipts should not hang below the bottom of the page.
- Be careful not to tape over important print - over time the ink on the receipt will fade under the tape.
- Use black or dark blue ink when writing on documents. If you are using pencil, make sure it is dark. Please do not used colored inks - purple, pink, etc.
- Yellow highlighting scans best. Blue, green, or pink scans as a black mark.
- Write notes directly on the document instead of using sticky notes.
- Make every effort to submit documents on 8.5" X 11" white paper. Colored paper does not scan well.
- Receipts printed on colored paper should be taped to a different sheet than those printed on white paper. In addition, receipts with light print should be on a separate sheet than receipts with dark print.
If a new employee needs access to FRS (the budget screens), send an email to Business Services with your request. Information regarding logging in to the system and navigating the screens can be found on the Business Services website.