The Travel Services section of Business Services is responsible for reimbursement/payment of travel expenditures. Several resources, including travel forms, on this web page are designed to assist departmental travelers.
For detailed mileage reimbursement, lodging, meals, per diem, etc., see the Travel Guide.
A Request for Travel form is not required for reimbursement of travel expenses. However, should a department wish to encumber funds for future trips, they may do so by using this form. If used, the form should be limited to one type of travel (in-state, out-of-state, etc.) and shall be received in the Travel Services office a minimum of seven days prior to the travel date to permit the encumbrance of funds.
- COST CENTER NAME: Name of department to be charged.
- COST CENTER ADDRESS: Campus address of department to be charged.
- CONTACT PERSON: Name and telephone number of the person traveling or the name of the person who should be contacted in the event that additional information is required.
- COST CENTER NUMBER: The six-digit cost center number to be charged.
- CONCLUDING TRAVEL DATE FOR THIS REQUEST: The ending date of the trip listed.
NOTE: Any Request for Travel outstanding 30 days beyond the concluding travel date will automatically be canceled.
- NAME OF PERSON: Name of the person traveling.
- DESTINATION, TRAVEL DATE, PURPOSE: Enter the destination of the trip, dates of travel, and the purpose of travel.
- TOTAL AUTHORIZED AMOUNT:
Maximum amount a fiscal agent is willing to reimburse the person traveling. If this amount exceeds the allowable travel reimbursement rates, the Illinois Travel Regulation Council rates will mandate the amount allowable.
- FISCAL AGENT: Signature of the fiscal agent for the cost center to be charged.
- DATE(S) OF REQUESTED ABSENCE: Faculty members are to enter the days and dates of the anticipated absence from campus, the classes missed and the name of the individual responsible for any classes missed (if applicable).
NOTE: Once the trip(s) is/are complete, the Travel Voucher should be submitted with a copy of the Request for Travel attached. A one-to-one relationship should exist between Request for Travel and Travel Voucher. Questions should be directed to Travel Services, Sherman Hall 220.
When completing the Travel Voucher refer to the following guidelines.
- EMPLOYEE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (9#): WIU Identification number of the traveler.
- TRAVELER NAME AND ADDRESS: Traveler's name, department, and campus address.
- VOUCHER NUMBER: Pre-Numbered.
- VOUCHER DATE: Date voucher is prepared.
- COST CENTER NUMBER: Six-digit number of cost center to be charged. If multiple cost centers, leave blank.
- HEADQUARTERS: Macomb, Illinois (unless written approval exists for different headquarters).
- RESIDENCE: Traveler's home address (street and city).
Fill in the following information - (One cost center per line):
- ACCT: Cost center to be charged.
- TC: Leave blank.
- REQ: Request for Travel number, if applicable. A one-to-one relationship should exist between Travel Voucher and Request for Travel.
- DESC: Last name of traveler/destination.
- DATE: Ending date of travel
- AMT: Total amount authorized for reimbursement from that cost center.
- TRAVEL DETAILS: Enter each date of travel, points and times of departure and destination, mode of transportation, and the cost of transportation, lodging, meals, and miscellaneous expenses.
- When a privately-owned vehicle is used, the Travel Voucher shall show the points of travel and mileage by date. If the distance traveled between given points is greater than the mileage table or the distance calculated using Microsoft Office Streets and Trips software, the reason for the greater distance must be stated.
- NOTE: A signed Employee's Certification - Privately-Owned Vehicles form must be on file in the Travel Services office before a Travel Voucher will be processed which contains reimbursement for mileage, gas receipts/parking fees for a privately-owned vehicle.
- Claims for reimbursement must be supported by original receipts in all instances for commercial transportation (passenger coupon), lodging, and all other individual items $10 or greater, with the exception of meals. Meal tips or cab rides to procure meals are not reimbursable.
- PURPOSE OF TRAVEL: Brief description of the purpose of the trip.
NOTE: When utilizing automobile rental on a trip, please note that the Illinois Travel Regulation Council prohibits reimbursement of the collision damage waiver and personal accident insurance.
- TRAVEL COMMENTS/EXPLANATIONS: Statement(s) explaining unusual amounts or situations.
- TRAVELER SIGNATURE AND CERTIFICATION: The individual who incurred the expense must sign the Travel Voucher. This signature is a certification; the fine print should be read before signing.
- APPROVAL: All Travel Vouchers must be signed by the traveler and the fiscal agent. If the traveler and the fiscal agent are the same individual, another signature is required. Travel reimbursement for total trip cost of over $500.00 require the respective VP approval. All employee reimbursements also require the signature of the employees supervisor.
- SUBMISSION: Attach original receipts and a copy of the Request for Travel (if previously encumbered) and submit to the Travel Services office, Sherman Hall 220. A one-to-one relationship should exist between Travel Voucher and Request for Travel.
Amending a Travel Voucher
If the traveler was not initially reimbursed for the full amount of expenses, the Travel Voucher can be amended, provided the additional reimbursement is within travel regulations and all original receipts are submitted. Make a copy of the Travel Voucher and write "Amend" in the upper right-hand corner. Indicate (highlight) the account number and the amount of the additional reimbursement and have the fiscal agent or alternate sign. Send the copy to the Travel Services office, Sherman Hall 220.
Canceling a Trip, Changing a Return Date, or Amending a Request for Travel
If a previously encumbered trip is to be canceled, mark the original Request for Travel "Canceled" and return it to the Travel Services office, Sherman Hall 220.
If the return date on a previously encumbered trip is changed, make a copy of the Request for Travel, indicate the change in date, and send it to the Travel Services office, Sherman Hall 220.
If the dollar amount on a previously encumbered trip is changed, make a copy of the Request for Travel and write "Amend" in the upper right-hand corner. Indicate (highlight) the additional encumbrance amount and obtain the fiscal agent or alternate signature. Submit the copy to the Travel Services office, Sherman Hall 220.
NOTE: A signed Employee’s Certification – Privately-Owned Vehicles form must be on file before reimbursement can be made for a personal car. The form can be found on your WIUP menu.
For additional information on Lodging, Meals, Mileage, Per diem etc., see the Travel Guide.
- Travel Requests
- Travel Reimbursement
- Amending a Travel Voucher
- Canceling a Trip, Changing a Return Date, or Amending a Request for Travel