Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Welcome to WIU Human Resources
Information Technology Technical Associate
Each morning when I wake up, I recite this scripture: "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!"
2014-2015 Civil Service Employees' Dependent Scholarship
Applications are now available in the Human Resources Office, Sherman Hall 105 and in Carol Beekman's Office in the Facilities Management Building, for the 2014-2015 Civil Service Employees' Dependent Scholarship.
Application Deadline is 3:00 p.m. on Friday, April 4, 2014 (NO EXTENSIONS).
The following must be submitted before the deadline:
Personal Letter of Recommendation
Academic Letter of Recommendations
The Civil Service Scholarship Selection Committee will review the following criteria: motivation, community service, work experience, leadership, appearance and dependability.
Applications and material should be forwarded to:
Civil Service Scholarship Selection Committee
Human Resources-Western Illinois University
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Employee Recognition Awards
In recognition of our core values, Academic Excellence, Educational Opportunity, Personal Growth and Social Responsibility, Western Illinois University continues to acknowledge Civil Service and Administrative employees for their service to their communities and for their outstanding contributions to the University. To that end, nominations are being accepted for the annual employee awards recognizing community service and distinguished service to the University. Award recipients will be presented with their awards and recognized at the Employee Service Recognition Reception on Tuesday, April 29, 2014.
Nominations may be made by any employee or University-recognized group or association. A nominator must secure the permission of the person to be considered. Self nominations are also accepted. Click here for detailed criteria, submission instructions and nomination forms. Submit nomination forms no later than Friday, April 11, 2014 to Human Resources, 105 Sherman Hall.
The Western Illinois University Human Resources Department is committed to providing exceptional service through the equitable and consistent administration of its programs. We believe it is our responsibility to foster workplace effectiveness while respecting each person's worth, dignity, capacity to contribute, and desire for accomplishment. By encouraging others to share that philosophy, we can achieve a positive work environment for all.
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees