"I think Western is my home away from home, for students and faculty alike!"
April Huston works in the Undergraduate Admissions Office as an Admissions/Records Officer. She began her career at WIU through the Intern Program in 2010. When asked what she likes most about her job, she stated that it is the student interaction she enjoys most. She enjoys helping students and to be able to go the extra mile for them. April also enjoys her co-workers, she said, "we have a great team and that makes it easy to come to work each day." When asked what advice she would give to prospective employees, she shared, "It's a great place to work, even if it takes you awhile, keep trying, as it will be rewarding in the end."
HR salutes April Huston as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees