Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Finanacial Aid Adviser Manager
Financial Aid Office
"In anything, perspective is key!"
Diana Strom works in Financial Aid as a Financial Aid Adviser Manager. Diana began her career at WIU in January 2011 with the Intern Program. She completed the Intern Program in October 2012. Diana's primary responsibilities include the direct advising of students, meeting with them individually, and determining their financial aid. Another area she is responsible for includes the social media/on-line resources and website for the department. Diana also is the contact for the department's outreach services. She provides presentations to local and area high schools or organizations as well as on-campus Financial Aid events. Diana's advice to those seeking employment at WIU is to "pursue the opportunity. I was glad I did. This has been an incredibly fulfilling experience, very positive, and very supportive!" When asked what has helped her in her position, Diane explains, "Within our office we have a good support system. I wouldn't have had this opportunity without that support—there is a never-ending training process, so to feel that support from co-workers and the administration is a positive experience. That pours over into my contact with the students…they help me be successful!" When Diana is not calculating financial aid for WIU's students, you will find her scoping out the best yard sales, gardening, and enjoying time with her husband and their dogs!
HR salutes Diana Strom as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees