Budget Analyst III
"Round to the nearest million!"
Bonnie works as a Budget Analyst III in the Budget Office. Bonnie began her career at WIU in August 1982 as a Secretary III and has progressively promoted to her current position. Bonnie is responsible for the appropriated budget for the university. She also keeps the funding of positions accurate, and collects data to develop reports for directors and the Vice Presidents to analyze. Bonnie enjoys working with numbers and with very detailed information, behind the scenes. Many departments all over campus rely on her to answer questions and direct them about budgetary issues. When asked what advice she could share with potential new employees, Bonnie replied, "WIU is a great place to work…good people to work with. It has been a wonderful experience for me, I have learned so much!" One of her most memorable experiences was when she was in the Business Office, Bonnie assisted with getting the first computerized system for financial record keeping up and going. One person comes to mind when Bonnie was asked about something that she felt has helped her in her job…"Julie DeWees! She helped me so much. She taught me all about budgeting and keeping things balanced. She shared with me all the little things (but important things) that I needed to know…which I didn't know to ask at that point. She has also been very supportive over the years!" When Bonnie isn't keeping us balanced, you will find her enjoying her crocheting, her computer, and her family! Bonnie has two daughters who she enjoys greatly too…one of which is a student at WIU currently!
HR salutes Bonnie Elder as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees