"Life is all about choices. Choose wisely!"
Carrie works as a Clerk in the Alumni Relations Department. She began her career at WIU in November 2007, in her current position. Carrie's primary role is to update the Alumni data base—the Alumni contact information, to keep it current. She verifies information through phone calls to Alumni. When asked about what she likes most about her job, Carrie replies, "I enjoy the flexibility that this nine–month position provides. I enjoy the students that come into our office, and my coworkers. Our office is a busy place with positive energy and laughter." Carrie's most memorable experiences are centered on Homecoming! She shared, "It's a busy time, with alums coming back to campus. I love to listen to their fond memories of Western, it makes me proud to be a part of WIU!" Carrie mentions "good training," as something that helped her in her job. "I had good training from my coworkers on the data base and on MVS."
When Carrie isn't working with our former students, you will find her cheering at the Leatherneck Basketball games. She also enjoys cooking, watching her son exhibit livestock at fairs and national shows, going to movies, and camping.
HR salutes Carrie Lowderman as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees