Admissions & Records Representative
"Use it or lose it!" and "Fun is what you make it!"
Danielle works as an Admissions and Records Representative in the Registrar's Office at WIU. Danielle began her career at WIU as a Clerk through the Intern Program, (formerly the Trainee Program) in October 2003. She has progressively promoted to her current position. Danielle's main responsibilities includes: assisting the Athletic Eligibility and Undergraduate Commencement Coordinators, assisting with athlete eligibility according to NCAA guidelines as well as planning and implementing commencement programs for fall and spring semesters. She is also responsible for enrollment degree verification and updating the National Student Clearing House Student Deferment Clearance Forms. Danielle's favorite part of her job is the student interaction and feeling like she makes a difference with our students, parents, and lenders. "I like to help them understand the specifics of certain processes." When asked what has been her most memorable experience, Danielle responds, "There have been several instances where students/families have complimented my assistance for them, to my supervisor. That was very nice!" Her advice to prospective employees? She shares, "WIU is a good place to work. The staff is nice, and the Admissions Staff is knowledgeable and helpful. WIU is very inviting!" One thing that has been helpful to Danielle in her job is the trainings she has taken on campus to help develop good customer service skills. "Even though I may give out the same information to many people, each customer deserves to feel like they have heard it for the first time."
When Danielle isn't working as part of the Registrar's team, you can find her racing around the rink…she is a player on the Macomb Bombshell Roller Derby Team! She has been involved with roller derby here since its inception.
HR salutes Danielle Huston as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees