Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
- Golden Rule
Brian commented that this philosophy goes a long way with customers!
Brian works as a Garage Foreman in the Transportation Services Department. Brian began his career at WIU in June 2008 as an Automotive Technician. He has progressively promoted to his current position. Brian is responsible for keeping the fleet vehicles in reliable order using the most cost-effective methods. He also keeps records on all vehicles to ensure compliance with state regulations. Brian supervises a mechanic and mechanic's assistant as well as helps with any task he may be needed, whether its washing cars to replacing engines and transmissions. When asked what he enjoys most about his job, Brian responded, "I get a lot of satisfaction of out knowing I can repair something that is broken…sometimes that's an easy fix, other times it is much more difficult." Brian credits the office staff for being a big help with his job. "They make things run smoothly for us here!"
Brian enjoys bringing his son to the Leatherneck Basketball games during his free time. He also enjoys fishing and hunting. Another favorite pastime for Brian, is to cut wood. He shares, "When you cut wood, you are getting warm three times…once when you cut it, again when you unload it, and lastly when you burn it."
HR salutes Brian Beck as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees