Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Bookstore Department Supervisor
University Union Bookstore
"One of the most important things is to stay patient with our new or younger students...to help them learn what they need to know, even when they don't know how to ask."
Jeff Moore works in the University Union Bookstore as a Bookstore Department Supervisor. Jeff began his career at WIU in August 2008. His primary role is as a buyer of the school supplies. He works with faculty on campus to provide the supplies the students will be needing for their classes. When asked what he likes most about his job, he quickly responded, "The Bookstore Staff, they are great to work with, and they were so patient when I was learning the ropes!" He also added, that he enjoys working with the student assistants and seeing them learn and grow each year. Jeff's advice to prospective employees is to, "Be persistent, and keep taking the tests." He chuckled, then added, "and don't begin the week before classes start!" One of Jeff's most memorable experiences happened recently. He shared that one of their student assistants was accepted into the Nursing Program here at WIU. He indicated that she was so emotional with happy tears, and he was delighted to have been able to share in her joy!! Jeff enjoys seeing their students graduate, get jobs, and be successful! It's the Western way! Jeff believes that there is always something available to help improve yourself at WIU…both professionally and personally. He appreciates the option to take classes and take advantage of health screenings offered to employees. When you don't see Jeff on the floor of the bookstore, you will find him enjoying a round of golf, or enjoying time with his wife and eight grandchildren.
HR salutes Jeff Moore as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees