Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
"Kindness goes a long way in this world." —Diane's mom
Diane works as Office Manager in the Department of Geology. She started her employment at WIU in 1998 as Secretary III in the Management Department. She promoted to Secretary IV in the Office of Academic Services and worked there for six plus years. She did a short stint in Geography and then promoted to Office Manager to the Dean of Libraries. She retired from University Libraries in May of 2008, but returned to campus in December 2009. She's been with the Department of Geology for over four years now and loves the rapport she has with everyone in the department. They have all been very helpful and supportive and they don't hesitate to show their appreciation. It's a pleasure to show up for work when everyone in your area has a good working relationship.
Diane believes that positive, professional attitudes yield productive results. She is the "go to" person for not only the department, but for the building staff and the many people that pass through the building. Her office is located on the first floor, so she's the first face many see as they enter the building. "It's all the little things, added up over the entire day, that make me smile at the end of the day."
The favorite part of her job is working with the Geology majors, building friendships with them, watching them complete their academic careers, and then moving on to either graduate programs or securing employment. It's bittersweet, but she loves it. There are so many success stories!
Another aspect of Diane's many responsibilities is working with the ever-popular Geology Museum. If you've never visited the museum it is VERY worthy of your time to do so. Diane shared that she has always received support, campus wide, in her positions on campus. "There are good people here that will help you when you need it."
When she's not working at WIU, she's helping her husband with their family business and spending time with her precious grandchildren.
HR salutes Diane Edwards as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees