Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Office Support Specialist
Instructional Design & Technology
"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change." - Wayne Dyer
Candice works as an Office Support Specialist in the Instructional Design & Technology Department. She has served WIU since January, 1995; the largest majority of her time has been in the IDT Department. Some of Candice's responsibilities include: maintaining the departmental budget, serving on the Undergraduate Scholarship Committee and gathering information from applicants, and is charged with being the first point of contact for the graduate students in the department. When asked about her favorite part of her job, Candice shares, "I like the variety in this department. I enjoy the contact with our students and I get to work with great faculty. It is a very supportive environment!" Candice stated that she has received helpful assistance from the Payroll, Business, and Financial Aid Offices. She adds, "Our Dean's office is supportive of our department. I have a great boss who is very supportive of me in my position. He allows me to attend workshops and conferences whenever possible. I appreciate these opportunities for professional growth."
Candice likes to attend plays and concerts at WIU, and enjoys the Malpass Library. Crossword puzzles are a favorite pass-time. Candice also volunteers for the National Guard Family Readiness Group—Unit #444 Chemical Unit in Galesburg, IL. She holds the office of Secretary for the group.
HR salutes Candice Biswell as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees