Patrick "Pat" Dowdall
"The students are always the same age, and yet we continue to get older!"
Pat works in the Facilities Management Department (formerly Physical Plant) as the Deputy Director. He began his career at WIU in April of 1988 as a Safety Officer II and has progressively advanced to his current position. Pat supervises the Heat/Frost Insulator Crew, Transportation Services, and until recently the Asbestos Abatement Crew. Patrick's favorite part of his job is the people. "The people I work with, campus wide, are great to work with…understanding and helpful. WIU is the best place to work in West Central Illinois!" Some of Pat's most memorable experiences surround major projects he has worked on: the steam tunnel, the baseball field, and Hanson Field Stadium to name a few. Pat credits past Physical Plant Directors with mentoring him along the way, "George Goehner and Jim Barnett were knowledgeable and taught me a great deal." You will often see Pat at the WIU football games or on the Mussatto Golf Course! In his spare time, he enjoys hunting, gardening, and remodeling his home on occasion.
HR salutes Patrick "Pat" Dowdall as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees