Union Service Center
Megan works as a Cashier II in the Union Service Center, located in the Union Concourse. She began her career at Western Illinois University in October 2013. Megan's responsibilities include: receiving departmental and tuition deposits, making hotel reservations, and answering and directing general questions about the Union and the university. Megan likes being in the center of the Concourse and working with students, constantly. She shared, "I enjoy helping our students!" Her advice for potential new employees is to keep testing. "It's a good place to work, even working in extra-help positions can lead to permanent employment at WIU."
Megan has a most unique memorable experience. "I'm always surprised with the students participate in flash mobs in the Union. You will begin to hear them chanting, then we know what is about to happen…FLASH MOB! I always enjoy it too, when there are student organizations that set up tables in the concourse for different events. I just like being in the center of so many students!"
Megan's WIU journey began when she was a student here at WIU. She worked as a student assistant in the Union Service Center. When she graduated, she obtained an extra-help position there and kept testing until her scores were higher and when an opening occurred and she was hired. She responded, "Working here as a student helped me a lot. It continues to help me now to relate to students, and I think that helps me, help them."
Some of Megan's favorite events to attend at Western are the Homecoming Parade, and the Football and Basketball games. Currently though, she is busy planning her September wedding! Congratulations and best wishes!
HR salutes Megan Welch as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees