Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Document & Publication Services
"The university is a great place to work, I enjoy being surrounded by good hard-working people!"
Tim Thorman works as a Route Driver for WIU. Tim's career at Western began in September 2012. Tim helps connect the Macomb and Quad Cities campuses by couriering items and packages between the two campuses. When asked what he likes most about his job, Tim responded, "I like being part of the university, I have enjoyed getting to know the Quad Cities staff and watching that campus grow and expand." Tim shared his thoughts for prospective employees, "It's a great place to work, the people are wonderful! It's great to be a part of a community of young people…I've enjoyed watching Ceola Clark grow into a strong leader!" One of Tim's most memorable experiences was getting stuck in the snow storm en route from the Quad Cities campus, this winter. "The Roseville Fire Department picked me up and took me to their Fire House to wait out the storm." Tim's favorite activity at WIU is attending the Leathernecks Basketball and Football games. When he is not working, Tim enjoys spending time with his family, reading, and bowling!
HR salutes Tim Thorman as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees