Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Office Support Specialist
College of Education & Human Services
"Working at WIU has always been a positive experience for me. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, that's why I want to give my best!"
Amy Hodges works in the College of Education and Human Services as an Office Support Specialist. Amy began her career at WIU in 1991. Amy's primary role is to support the deans and faculty in the department by processing documents, transcribing meeting minutes, and scheduling rooms in the building. When asked what she likes most about her job, Amy said it is the people…the students, the deans, and the staff in other departments that she enjoys most. One of her most memorable experiences was working in Career Services with Al Waters, she remembers him fondly, and said, "I still miss him." Amy appreciates how willing other employees in other departments are to help when asked. She said, "The ladies in the Business Office and Purchasing Dept. are great!" Some of her favorite activities at WIU are the employee events like Western Walks, and the Homecoming parade. When she's not at work, Amy enjoys gardening, their new puppy, walking with Jan in the early mornings, and being with her family and friends!
HR salutes Amy Hodges as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees