Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
File code: PRES.ADMADMIT.POL
Approval Date: 03/29/2005
Revised Date: 03/21/07
Approved By: President and Faculty Senate
Procedures for Administrative Admissions
Following is the procedure for Administrative Admissions:
- An administrative officer designated by the President of the University has the discretion to admit no more than five (5) individuals each academic year.
- Any staff/faculty/administration/BOT member may recommend to the President’s office a student for administrative admission consideration.
- To ensure fairness and equality in access, the catalog and web site should include a statement that alerts potential students to the possibility of administrative admission.
- At the beginning of each semester, CAGAS will be informed of the total number, names, and student identification number of students admitted to the University by administrative decision.
- At the beginning of each semester, an administrative officer will provide a written justification for each Administrative Admit and a listing of those administrators who reviewed each case. If the regular admission process was not exhausted, the report should include an explanation as to why regular admission process was circumvented. The administration should also inform CAGAS about the type of admission (regular, OAS, etc.), academic status upon admission, and the types of support the student will receive to help ensure academic success. Further, the report should also discuss how many students applied for Administrative Admission and how many were denied. This should also include a description of who reviewed the cases.
- At the end of each academic year, CAGAS will evaluate the academic progress of all administratively admitted students. If an administratively admitted student leaves the University, CAGAS will seek an explanation for the student’s departure.
- CAGAS will review this policy and procedures every four years to evaluate the success of the program. This review will be submitted to both the President and the Faculty Senate and may include modifications to the procedures and policy as deemed necessary.