A Safe Campus Benefits Everyone
Western Illinois University's Office of Public Safety provides a safe and secure environment for our campus. We are committed to the prevention of crime; protection of life and property; preservation of the peace; order and safety; enforcement of laws and University policies; quality parking services; and the safeguarding of constitutional guarantees.
With community service as our foundation, we investigate public safety and parking related problems and seek solutions which result in a safe, secure, and as accessible a campus as possible. We attempt to establish such a campus environment by working collaboratively with the community and by treating every individual with respect, fairness and compassion. We strive to maintain public trust and confidence by holding ourselves to the highest level of integrity and professional standard.
Safety and Security is Everyone's Business
We partner with all members of the WIU community to provide a safe environment. Through training, education, and environmental management, we strive to provide a campus that is pleasant, safe, secure, and provides for a high quality of life for all of our members and guests.
Some of our safety programs & strategies include;
- Electronic device registration
- An escort system
- The installation and recent testing of our Emergency Alert System
- Upgrades to our emergency blue light callboxes
- A dedicated group of Team Police stationed in the residence halls
- Crime Victim Assistance & Advocacy
- Maintainance and support/oversight of the non-transport emergency medical service, “Western EMS”
- Student Patrols
- Campus-sponsored prevention programs to educate the community about sexual assault, acquaintance rape and other sex offenses are offered on an ongoing basis throughout the year
The carrying of concealed weapons is not allowed on Western Illinois University property. For questions refer to the Concealed Carry Policy or contact the Office of Public Safety.
Office of Public Safety
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
EMERGENCIES: Dial 911
Parking Services: 309/298-1921
Access Control: 309/298-1940
- Priority Snow Removal Routes 2016
- Emergency Alert Test Nov. 9
- View All Campus Crime Reports
- More University News