Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Guidelines: Explosion, Aircraft Crash or Similar Incident
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks or anything that will give protection from falling glass/debris.
- After the effects of the incident have subsided, call 911. Give your name and describe the location and nature of an emergency.
- Notify emergency personnel of persons with disabilities who are in the building and are not able to evacuate.
- Do not use elevators in case of fire.
- Once outside, move to clear area at least 150 yards from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel. If requested, assist emergency personnel. Do not return to an evacuated building unless directed to do so by the Office of Public Safety.
- Do not return to area, pick up any debris or light a match or smoke.
Office of Public Safety
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
EMERGENCIES: Dial 911
Parking Services: 309/298-1921
Access Control: 309/298-1940