Guidelines: Chemical / Radiation Spill
- Report spillage of a chemical or radioactive material immediately to 911. Do not return to affected area.
- Anyone who may be contaminated by the spill should avoid contact with others. Do not touch anything.
- When reporting, be specific about the nature and location of spilled material.
- Persons not trained in spill techniques should immediately evacuate the area.
- Notify emergency personnel of persons with disabilities who are in the building and are unable to evacuate.
- Do not use elevators in case of fire.
- Once outside, move to clear area at least 150 yards from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel. If requested, assist emergency personnel. Do not return to an evacuated building unless directed to do so by the Office of Public Safety.
Office of Public Safety
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
EMERGENCIES: Dial 911
Parking Services: 309/298-1921
Access Control: 309/298-1940