Fall 2016 RAD Classes
Wednesdays, October 12, 19, & 24, November 2. 8:00-9:00 p.m.
The Rape Aggression Defense Course for Women is FREE! Pre-registration is required. The 12-hour course for women is taught by RAD-certified police officers Jerel Jones, Jerry Allen, Krystal Scott, Derek Watts, and Sarah Worthington. It also includes a RAD manual. Lifetime retraining is free. Previous participants are welcome to attend the courses at no cost.
Visit the Office of Public Safety in Mowbray Hall, or call (309) 298-1949, to
Contact Officer Scott, KJ-Scott@wiu.edu,
We partner with all members of the WIU community to provide a safe environment. Through training, education, and environmental management, we strive to provide a campus that is pleasant, safe, secure, and provides for a high quality of life for all of our members and guests.
Some of our safety programs & strategies include;
- Electronic device registration
- An escort system
- The installation and recent testing of our Emergency Alert System
- Upgrades to our emergency blue light callboxes
- A dedicated group of Team Police stationed in the residence halls
- Crime Victim Assistance & Advocacy
- Maintainance and support/oversight of the non-transport emergency medical service, “Western EMS”
- Student Patrols
- Campus-sponsored prevention programs to educate the community about sexual assault, acquaintance rape and other sex offenses are offered on an ongoing basis throughout the year
The carrying of concealed weapons is not allowed on Western Illinois University property. For questions refer to the Concealed Carry Policy or contact the Office of Public Safety.
Office of Public Safety
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
EMERGENCIES: Dial 911
Parking Services: 309/298-1921
Access Control: 309/298-1940
- OPS: Campus Safety Awareness Participation
- Letter from OPS Director Harris: Pranks & More
- View All Campus Crime Reports
- More University News