General Evacuation Procedures
- Building evacuations occur when a fire alarm sounds continuously and/or if people within the building are instructed to evacuate by authorized personnel.
- Immediately, in a calm and orderly manner evacuate to the Emergency Assembly Area (EAA).
- If necessary or if directed to do so by OPS, activate the building alarm system.
- If individuals cannot exit the building using the stairs, they should proceed to an Area of Rescue Assistance to await help from emergency personnel.
- Do NOT use elevators in the case of fire unless instructed by OPS.
- Do not return to the area until it has been deemed safe by authorized personnel.
- Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- Report any missing person(s) and last known location to OPS or Emergency Coordinators.