Explosion, Aircraft Crash, or Similar Incident
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks, or anything that will give protection against falling glass or debris.
- Notify OPS at (309) 298-1949 when it is safe to do so. Give your name and describe the location and nature of the emergency.
- If told to leave the building by OPS, walk to the nearest exit and advise others to do the same.
- If individuals cannot exit the building using the stairs, they should proceed to an Area of Safe Refuge to await further assistance.
- If a fire breaks out, do not use the elevators.
- Once outside, move to a clear area away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- If requested, assist OPS.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless instructed to do so by OPS.