About Us - Vision & Mission
The vision of Risk Management and Emergency Preparedness is to prepare Western Illinois University for the unexpected and to ensure that when unforeseen events do occur, we are equipped with the protection and resources needed to recover and continue toward our achievement of Higher Values in Higher Education.
Through university and community wide collaboration, Risk Management and Emergency Preparedness will achieve our mission of:
- Assessing the unique risks present on the Macomb and Quad Cities campuses.
- Addressing those risks with mitigation or risk transfer strategies that are appropriate and cost effective.
- Preparing our campus community for emergencies.
- Implementing safety measures, policies, and action plans that contribute to a safe campus environment.
- Supporting the development of students in the Emergency Management academic program.