Western Well: Employee Wellness at Western Illinois University
- The Keys to Effective Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Delicious Nutritious - "Recipe Substitutions to Decrease Saturated Fat"
- Blood Glucose Screening
- Sugar Savvy
How can I tell if I have high blood pressure?
- High blood pressure (also called Hypertension) has no symptoms. That's why it's called a "silent killer".
- A single elevated blood pressure reading doesn't mean you have high blood pressure.
- The only way to find out if you have high blood pressure is to have your blood pressure checked by a doctor or other qualified health professional.
- Optimal blood pressure with respect to cardiovascular risk is less than 120/80 mm Hg.
People should not take mega-doses of vitamins and minerals. For some nutrients, a dose of 5 times the RDA taken over several months may create problems.