Western Well: Employee Wellness at Western Illinois University
- The Keys to Effective Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Delicious Nutritious - "Recipe Substitutions to Decrease Saturated Fat"
- Blood Glucose Screening
- Sugar Savvy
Controllable Factors that contribute to high blood pressure:
- Sedentary or inactive lifestyle. Try to get at least 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity on most days.
- Heavy alcohol consumption. Heavy and regular use of alcohol can increase blood pressure dramatically.
- Sodium (salt) sensitivity and/or heavy sodium consumption
- Obesity and overweight. Studies have shown that changes in body weight over time and skinfold thickness are related to changes in blood pressure levels.
Up to 80% of people will experience lower back pain, and approximately 15% of Americans will be disabled by "lower back pain" in their lifetime.