Western Well: Employee Wellness at Western Illinois University
- Old Stompin' Ground Runaround (WIU Homecoming 5K)
- Fallen Soldiers 5K Run/Walk
- Springfield Marathon
- Halloween Hustle 5K (Oquawka)
- Haunted Hill 5K/10K
How can I tell if I have high blood pressure?
- High blood pressure (also called Hypertension) has no symptoms. That's why it's called a "silent killer".
- A single elevated blood pressure reading doesn't mean you have high blood pressure.
- The only way to find out if you have high blood pressure is to have your blood pressure checked by a doctor or other qualified health professional.
- Optimal blood pressure with respect to cardiovascular risk is less than 120/80 mm Hg.
Karvonen Target Heart Rate Formula
- 220-age = Max Heart Rate (MHR)
- Max Heart Rate - Resting Heart Rate = Heart Rate Reserve
- Heart Rate Reserve x .6 = __ + Resting Heart Rate = Beats Per Minute OR
- Heart Rate Reserve x .75 = __ + Resting Heart Rate = Beats Per Minute
** The beats per minute you get from C and D are your target heart rate threshold on which your heart rate should stay in between during exercise