Western Well: Employee Wellness at Western Illinois University
- Blood Pressure Screenings & Fasting Blood Glucose - Nov. 1-11
- Autogenic Training and Muscle Relaxation for Stress Reduction
- Pilates and Yoga
- Delicious Nutritious - "Cooking with Sweet Potatoes"
Physical activity is an unplanned movement performed during daily activity where as exercise is planned, structured and a repetitive movement to improve or maintain one or more components of physical activity.
Karvonen Target Heart Rate Formula
- 220-age = Max Heart Rate (MHR)
- Max Heart Rate - Resting Heart Rate = Heart Rate Reserve
- Heart Rate Reserve x .6 = __ + Resting Heart Rate = Beats Per Minute OR
- Heart Rate Reserve x .75 = __ + Resting Heart Rate = Beats Per Minute
** The beats per minute you get from C and D are your target heart rate threshold on which your heart rate should stay in between during exercise