Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Western Well: Employee Wellness at Western Illinois University
Body Fat Percentage Classifications
- Excessively lean - women =<8%, men =<5%
- Lean high performance - women = 8-17%, men = 5-9%
- Healthy - women = 18-25%, men = 10-20%
- Moderately over fat - women = 26-32%, men = 21-25%
- Obese - women =<32%, men =>25%
How can I tell if I have high blood pressure?
- High blood pressure (also called Hypertension) has no symptoms. That's why it's called a "silent killer".
- A single elevated blood pressure reading doesn't mean you have high blood pressure.
- The only way to find out if you have high blood pressure is to have your blood pressure checked by a doctor or other qualified health professional.
- Optimal blood pressure with respect to cardiovascular risk is less than 120/80 mm Hg.