Big Pink Volleyball
The Big Pink Volleyball Tournament is a philanthropic event co-sponsored by Campus Recreation and Inter-Hall Council to raise funds for breast cancer charities. Teams play volleyball with a four-foot wide, hot pink volleyball. Proceeds will be donated to the Peoria Memorial Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure and McDonough District Hospital’s Mammogram and Other Cancer Screenings Program. Participants may contribute by participating on a team, purchasing a t-shirt and/or long sleeve shirt, or by making a donation in the Campus Recreation Office.
Dates & Deadlines
Kick Off: Thursday, September 12 from 7:00 – 9:00 pm
At the Spencer Student Recreation Center, Courts 1 and 2. Enjoy learning to play the game of Big Pink Volleyball and get your registration packets! Human ribbon photo will be taken at 7:00pm. T-shirts will be available for sale. Giveaways provided by University Union Board. **Free admission with student ID**
Early Bird Registration: Friday, September 13, 2013 by 4:30 pm
It’s your lucky day! Register your team in the Campus Recreation Office. T-shirts will be available for sale.
**Receive a prize provided by McDonough District Hospital for turning in your registration packets early!**
Registration: Due Tuesday, September 17, 2013 by 4:30 pm
Entries and fees are to be turned in the Campus Recreation Office. Payment MUST be in full. Registration is $5.00 per person.
May be ordered in the Campus Recreation Office through October 1, 2013.
Play: Monday, September 23 through Thursday, September 26, 2013 from 4:00 pm-11:00 pm each evening
Employee Bracket plays on Tuesday, September 24th
- Teams must have a minimum of four players and a maximum of six players on the court for each game.
- Teams can be co-ed or single-gender, but everyone will play each other in the designated brackets.
- Teams can be in one of five brackets: Residence Hall, Club/Organization, Greek, Faculty/Staff, and Independent. The tournament is a single elimination tournament.
- Team pictures will be taken on the first night of play and posted on the Campus Recreation Facebook page.
Registration packets are available at residence hall front desks, the Campus Recreation Office, can be downloaded by clicking on the “Rec Events” link of the Campus Recreation website, and posted on our Rec Events Facebook Page.
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 10/7
- Flu Shot Clinic
- Delicious Nutritious - "Cooking with Kale"
- Bella Hearst Plasma Glucose Screening
- Jackie Thompson Wellness Lecture - Dr. Karen Greathouse
- Fallen Soldiers 5K Run/Walk
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 10/21
- Prairie Lands Environmental Summit
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 10/27
- Delicious Nutritious - "Gluten-free Non-Wheat Noodles"
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 10/29
- Indoor Kayaking Workshop