Big Pink Volleyball Rules
- Teams can be co-ed, male, or female and a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 10 people can be on a team. A maximum of 6 people can be on the court at one time.
- You may sub in and out at any dead ball time, and ask the referee to do this.
- Rally scoring: A point is scored on every serve regardless of the team that serves.
- A ball cannot be played off the wall, poles, or curtain.
- Trapping the ball in the net is not allowed.
- Players must rotate after every server exchange.
- Rotation is clockwise.
- Males and females CAN both jump to hit or block the ball.
- Players in the back row may not jump in front of the 10-foot line to block or hit the ball.
- Games last for 15 minutes. The team with the most points at the end of 15 minutes wins.
- In the case of a tie, play until the next point is scored.
- Server must serve behind the serve line (the 10-foot line).
- Two members of the team may hold the ball up and server may hit it out of their hands, but they have to be behind the serve line.
- You may not attempt to block/spike another team’s serve.
- A maximum of three (3) hits per side is allowed.
- The same person may not hit the ball twice in a row.
- The ball may not be kicked or headed at any time.
- No leaning or sitting on the ball.
- A player cannot hit the net or step over the middle line while making a play.
- No jewelry or watches are allowed during play.
- Athletic shoes are required (i.e. No flip-flops, dress shoes, or barefoot).
- Have fun!!! And please be respectful of your opponents, officials, and people operating the tournament!
- Be 15-20 minutes early to your games. Late arrivals will forfeit their games.
- Don’t forget your student IDs for check-in to the Spencer Student Recreation Center.
- Check-in at the registration table before each game.
- Report the score of your game to the registration table. This is when you will find out when your next game is.
- The tournament is a single elimination tournament.