Great River Road Run 1/2 Marathon
The Great River Road Run ½ Marathon/5K/30 mile ride is located in what is sometimes referred to as the heart of America. This course offers breathtaking views and majestic landscapes that inspire and sooth the soul. Nature has been kind to the banks and bluffs along this route. The Great River Road Run will set you alongside the mighty Mississippi as you make your way from Hamilton, Illinois to Nauvoo, Illinois. Bicyclist will forge on around and through the countryside back to the start. The beautiful fall setting will be spectacular as you make your way through the course.
The course for the race takes participants entirely on paved surfaces, starting at the Great River Boat Company in Hamilton, IL beginning at 8:30 AM. From there, the course takes participants along the mighty Mississippi then into historic Nauvoo winding around some city streets then ends in the Nauvoo State Park, except for bicyclists which will continue on through the countryside back to the start. The first 13 miles of course will be closed to traffic.
- Saturday, October 5th
- 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM
- Start: Great River Boat Company, Hamilton, IL
- Finish: Nauvoo State Park, Nauvoo, IL
- Proceeds go to Hancock County Food Banks
- View the Great River Road Run website for more information or to register
- Pilates/Yoga Classes
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 9/23
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 9/24
- Argyle Lake - Stargazing at the Park
- Argyle Lake - Lake Exploration Day
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 9/30
- We Care, Fall 2014
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 10/7
- Flu Shot Clinic
- Delicious Nutritious - "Cooking with Kale"
- Jackie Thompson Wellness Lecture - Dr. Karen Greathouse
- Bella Hearst Plasma Glucose Screening
- Fallen Soldiers 5K Run/Walk
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 10/21
- Prairie Lands Environmental Summit
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 10/27
- Delicious Nutritious - "Gluten-free Non-Wheat Noodles"
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 10/29
- Indoor Kayaking Workshop