4 Miles 4 Linda (Canton, IL)
Every three minutes, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer in the U.S., and every 13 minutes, a life is lost to this disease. First diagnosed in May 2011, Linda fought a brave battle against breast cancer at the very young age of 45. She was a strong, courageous, and determined young woman who did not accept defeat. Although she is not physically with us as we run this race in her honor, rest assured, she is still victorious. As a runner and breast cancer warrior, her feat - "4 Miles 4 Linda"- will help promote fitness among the community and invite participants to enhance their physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Proceeds from this event will be donated to the Graham Hospital Mammography Unit to purchase luxurious bath robes, helping patients feel more at ease as they wait for their mammogram screening.
Saturday, May 3rd
Lakeland Park, Canton, IL
4 Mile Run/Walk at 8 AM
1 Mile untimed Run/Walk at 8:15 AM
For more information or to register, view the race flyer.
- My Life Including Alzheimers - An evening with Richard Taylor, PhD
- Be With Me Today - Humanizing Dementia Care
- Delicious Nutritious - "Cooking with Kale"
- Bella Hearst Plasma Glucose Screening
- Fallen Soldiers 5K Run/Walk
- Delicious Nutritious - "Gluten-free Non-Wheat Noodles"
- Indoor Kayaking Workshop