4 Miles 4 Linda (Canton, IL)
Every three minutes, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer in the U.S., and every 13 minutes, a life is lost to this disease. First diagnosed in May 2011, Linda fought a brave battle against breast cancer at the very young age of 45. She was a strong, courageous, and determined young woman who did not accept defeat. Although she is not physically with us as we run this race in her honor, rest assured, she is still victorious. As a runner and breast cancer warrior, her feat - "4 Miles 4 Linda"- will help promote fitness among the community and invite participants to enhance their physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Proceeds from this event will be donated to the Graham Hospital Mammography Unit to purchase luxurious bath robes, helping patients feel more at ease as they wait for their mammogram screening.
Saturday, May 3rd
Lakeland Park, Canton, IL
4 Mile Run/Walk at 8 AM
1 Mile untimed Run/Walk at 8:15 AM
For more information or to register, view the race flyer.
- Pilates/Yoga Classes
- Illinois River Sweep - La Moine River
- Argyle Lake - Fall Leaf Collection Hike
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 9/23
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 9/24
- Argyle Lake - Stargazing at the Park
- Argyle Lake - Lake Exploration Day
- We Care, Fall 2014
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 9/30
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 10/7
- Flu Shot Clinic
- Delicious Nutritious - "Cooking with Kale"
- Jackie Thompson Wellness Lecture - Dr. Karen Greathouse
- Bella Hearst Plasma Glucose Screening
- Fallen Soldiers 5K Run/Walk
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 10/21
- Prairie Lands Environmental Summit
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 10/27
- Delicious Nutritious - "Gluten-free Non-Wheat Noodles"
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 10/29
- Indoor Kayaking Workshop