Yes, You Can!
Wednesday, February 4th
12:10 - 12:50 PM
Sandburg Theatre, University Union
- Susan Czechowski - "Savor the Moment"
- Digger Oster - "Fear, Comfort, and Joy"
- Donna Williams - "Olympic Figure Skater?"
Join us for a motivational hour, presented by three Western Illinois University employees who will be sharing their experiences and challenges in making lifestyle changes.
Free of Charge
Nearly Naked Mile: Freezin' for a Reason
A benefit for the youth of the McDonough County YMCA and Sgt. Teddy's Friends.
The YMCA Scholarship Program is a sliding fee scale that is designed to provide services for any youth who desires to participate in YMCA membership and/or programs. It is the YMCA of McDonough County's mission to provide services to all those who might not otherwise be able to participate in the services and programs due to financial constraints. For more information, contact Angela Larson, Membership and Marketing, at (309) 833-2129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by the Macomb Police Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 189, Sgt. Teddy's Friends is a program to equip every patrol car in the City of Macomb with a gently loved stuffed toy. Officers distribute these "friends" to children they encounter while on duty. Whether it's a lost child, a hurt one, or a child facing any number of stressful situations they deal with, Sgt. Teddy's Friends will provide police officers with another way to help a child cope. If you would like more information about Sgt. Teddy's Friends, please contact Charlene Kenney, Program Coordinator, at (309) 255-2763 or CharleneKenney53@gmail.com.
The Nearly Naked Mile…Freezin' for a Reason! is an untimed one-mile charity run/walk. All members of the community are welcome. Participants can drop their clothes at the start of the event and pick them up at the finish line. We encourage your enthusiasm in this event, but help us make this fun for everyone by remaining NEARLY naked. You do not have to shed your clothes, but if you do, please cover anything you would not want your grandmother to see!
- Check in by 5:15 PM at South Entrance of Spencer Student Recreation Center, Western Illinois University.
- Race Begins at 5:30 PM.
- $15.00 Pre-registration is due by Friday, February 20, 2015 @ 4:30 PM in the Campus Recreation Office, Spencer Student Recreation Center, Western Illinois University campus—office hours are Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Registration forms are available in the Campus Recreation Office or online at the Campus Rec website.
- $20.00 Race Day Registration will be accepted 4:30–5:15 PM near the South Entrance to Hanson Field.
- Only the first 200 registrations will be given a t-shirt. Register by Wednesday, February 11, 2015 to guarantee your size.
6th Annual Donna Phillips Memorial Run/Dog Walk
- Saturday, March 29
- 8:30 am - check-in begins at Brophy Hall Gymnasium, lower level (enter at east side of building)
- 9:30 am - 5K Run Begins
- 9:35 am - 5K Dog Run Begins
- 9:40 am - Dog Walk Begins
- Visit the Donna Phillips Run page for more information
Bridge the Gap to Health 5K/10K/Half Marathon
- 5K, 10K and half marathon runs, 5K leisure walk, and walking half marathon
- Saturday, May 16
- Race Website