Living Your Bucket List
Wednesday, February 17
Lincoln Room, University Union
FREE Wellness Series provided by the University of Illinois Extension Service
Cara Allen, Family Live Educator will be presenting the session
Register with Danette Phelps, Sherman 200, 298-1800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrations are due by Thursday, February 11
Four Men for Men's Health
Wednesday, February 17
Cosponsored by the Center for Masculinities and Men's Development
Moderator: Dale Adkins
- Bill Knox, Daily Doing: Creating Unobtrusive Exercise
- Michael Hott, "Why Work Out?"
- Greg Phelps, "Hooping for Health: The Effects of Noon Time Basketball on Wellness"
- Ron Pettigrew, "Personal and Spiritual Resilience"
Horn Field Campus Wellness Weekend
Nourish your BODY, MIND and SPIRIT at the 8th annual Horn Field Campus Wellness Weekend
Saturday - Sunday, February 20 - 21, 2016
- Labyrinth Walks
All amidst the rustic and relaxing surroundings of Horn Lodge at 985 China Road
$65 per person
Please register by February 12
Heart Healthy Soups
Wednesday, February 24
Location: Knoblauch Hall 230, Small Kitchen
Senior dietetics students lead the program
Register By Friday, February 19
Register with Danette Phelps, Sherman 200, email@example.com
Payment is required at time of reservation
Nearly Naked Mile: Freezin' for a Reason
Campus Recreation is sponsoring the third annual Nearly Naked Mile, "Freezin' for a Reason," an untimed one-mile charity run/walk, on Western's Macomb campus. Proceeds benefit the McDonough County YMCA for children's scholarships.
All members of the community are welcome. Participants can drop their clothes at the start of the event and pick them up at the finish line. We encourage your enthusiasm in this event, but help us make this fun for everyone by remaining NEARLY naked. You do not have to shed your clothes, but if you do, please cover anything you would not want your grandmother to see!
- Saturday, February 27
- Check in on Main Court 2 in the Spencer Student Recreation Center, Western Illinois University.
- Race Begins at 4:00 PM.
- $10.00 Pre-registration is due by Wednesday, February 10, 2016 @ 4:30 PM in the Campus Recreation Office, Spencer Student Recreation Center, Western Illinois University campus—office hours are Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
- Registration forms are available in the Campus Recreation Office or online.
- $20.00 Race Day Registration will be accepted 3:00–3:45 PM
What the Media Should be Telling Women about Supplements
- March 4th
- 12:10 pm to 12:50 pm
- Knoblauch 239
- Presented by Eric Gurzell, Assistant Professor for Dietetics
No sign-up, the event is free and open to the campus community.
7th Annual Donna Phillips Memorial Run/Dog Walk
- Saturday, April 2
- 8:30 am - check-in begins at Brophy Hall Gymnasium, lower level (enter at east side of building)
- 9:30 am - 5K Run Begins
- 9:35 am - 5K Dog Run Begins
- 9:40 am - Dog Walk Begins
- Visit the Donna Phillips Run page for more information
Bridge the Gap to Health 5K/10K/Half Marathon (Quincy)
The Bridge the Gap to Health Race features 5K, 10K and Half Marathon certified courses for the competitive runner, a 5k leisure walk and a Kid's Fun Run. The event has hosted a multitude of competitive runners over the years, while still maintaining a family friendly atmosphere.
- Living Your Bucket List
- Four Men for Men's Health
- Horn Field Campus Wellness Weekend
- Heart Healthy Soups
- Nearly Naked Mile: Freezin' for a Reason