Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Hy-Vee Events and Articles
- Local Hy-Vee Newsletter - April 2013
- Local Hy-Vee Newsletter - February 2013
- Hy-Vee Calendar of Events for June 2013 (External Website)
- Fast, Fit, Food! Program Brochure
Five Reasons Why Gardening is Good for Health
Help mom to health this Mother's Day and give the gift that keeps on giving! As mothers, we tend to take more care of others than we do ourselves in some cases, but there is one way that can help all mothers to health this Mother's Day. Plant a garden! Read more.
Previous Healthy Bites Newsletters:
- Frozen Food Fits! - April 2013
- Simple Secrets to Staying Slim - March 2013
- Lean Beef - Add Flavor to Hearth Health - February 2013
- Cut Calories with Cauliflower - January 2013
- Holiday Brunch - December 2012
- Poppin' Good Snack - November 2012
- What is on the menu for a healthy kitchen? - October 2012
- Eat Dinner Together - September 2012
- Pack a Better Sandwich - August 2012
- Protect Your Vision...Eat Leafy Greens - July 2012
- Seven Smart Snacks for Men - June 2012
Hy-Vee Healthy Bites
The latest "Healthy Bites" articles from Hy-Vee
Looking for a quick, nutritious meal this summer that won't break the bank? If fast food is one of your time-saving solutions for a busy schedule, consider tossing a quick meal together – full of health benefits – starting with pre-packaged salads.
Looking for that perfect gift for dad this Father's Day? They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so why not feed your dad this Father's Day with something that is good for his heart health as well?
Fruit can be a great and healthy way to sweeten up your meals this summer. Berries, melons, peaches and cherries are just coming into their best time of the year for price and flavor.
These days, everywhere you turn, you hear health professionals encouraging consumption of “fatty fish,” like salmon, due to their omega-3 fats and associated health benefits.
For years yogurt has been an iconic health food, and rightly so.
It's Memorial Day weekend - time for sunshine, swimming, grilling and camping.
Nothing kicks off grilling season better than a delicious, juicy burger, sizzling from the grill!
Mother's Day is soon to arrive, and it's time to make your mom's day extra-special.
The greatest concentration of carotenoids, such as lutein, in avocados is found in the dark green layer closest to the peel?
Avocados are a nutrition powerhouse as they contain 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
There are many ways to stay within your food budget when grocery shopping. What's surprising is you don't have to sacrifice nutrition, taste or quality to stay within your budget. One strategy to help accomplish this is to choose store-brand products.
Replacing muscle fuel (glycogen) after exercise is essential to an athlete's recovery. Low-fat chocolate milk has been shown in studies to be an effective exercise recovery drink due to its powerful nutrient package.
- Macomb Farmer's Market
- Lewistown Farmer's Market
- Summer Socials - June 20
- 13th Annual QND Raider Classic 5K/10K
- Galesburg Railroad Days 5K & 10K
- John Bliven Memorial Run & Fun Walk (Macomb)
- Hannibal Cannibal 5K/10K
- Summer Socials - July 11
- Summer Socials - July 18
- Summer Socials - July 28
- Bix 7 (Davenport, IA)