Hy-Vee Events and Articles
- Local Hy-Vee Newsletter - April 2013
- Local Hy-Vee Newsletter - February 2013
- Hy-Vee Calendar of Events for July 2015 (External Website)
- Fast, Fit, Food! Program Brochure
Five Reasons Why Gardening is Good for Health
Help mom to health this Mother's Day and give the gift that keeps on giving! As mothers, we tend to take more care of others than we do ourselves in some cases, but there is one way that can help all mothers to health this Mother's Day. Plant a garden! Read more.
Previous Healthy Bites Newsletters:
- Frozen Food Fits! - April 2013
- Simple Secrets to Staying Slim - March 2013
- Lean Beef - Add Flavor to Hearth Health - February 2013
- Cut Calories with Cauliflower - January 2013
- Holiday Brunch - December 2012
- Poppin' Good Snack - November 2012
- What is on the menu for a healthy kitchen? - October 2012
- Eat Dinner Together - September 2012
- Pack a Better Sandwich - August 2012
- Protect Your Vision...Eat Leafy Greens - July 2012
- Seven Smart Snacks for Men - June 2012
Hy-Vee Healthy Bites
The latest "Healthy Bites" articles from Hy-Vee
The dietitian pick of the month for July is Hy-Vee 100% Pure Vegetable Oil.
Did you know the average American consumes only 1 to 2 grams of soy protein daily? That represents about 2% of total protein intake.
Go into your kitchen. Now open your cupboard. What kind of oil do you see? Do you know if it's made in the USA? If a bottle of vegetable oil pops out at you, you can bet it probably is.
In the world of human health, magnesium is a key nutrient for many vital functions in the body.
Prostate cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer in American men. It's also believed to be highly influenced by diet.
Does your family eat enough fruits and vegetables? If your answer is yes, then give yourself a pat on the back.
Hy-Vee Mozzarella Cheese is the Dietitan Pick of the Month for June.
Ever felt uncomfortable after consuming dairy products? You might be lactose intolerant.
It can be difficult to make time for a healthy breakfast in the morning. Research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition suggests eating a protein-rich breakfast helps with satiety.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 70 million American adults have high blood pressure or hypertension. That's one of every three adults.
We all would like to be eating better, but how do we translate that to our brown bag lunch? Why not try a salad in a jar?
It's Mother's Day and it is time to give back to moms for all the wonderful things they do for us. Just like moms want us to be healthy, your Hy-Vee dietitians suggest making a healthier treat for mom this Mother's Day.