Hy-Vee Events and Articles
- Local Hy-Vee Newsletter - April 2013
- Local Hy-Vee Newsletter - February 2013
- Hy-Vee Calendar of Events for August 2015 (External Website)
- Fast, Fit, Food! Program Brochure
Five Reasons Why Gardening is Good for Health
Help mom to health this Mother's Day and give the gift that keeps on giving! As mothers, we tend to take more care of others than we do ourselves in some cases, but there is one way that can help all mothers to health this Mother's Day. Plant a garden! Read more.
Previous Healthy Bites Newsletters:
- Frozen Food Fits! - April 2013
- Simple Secrets to Staying Slim - March 2013
- Lean Beef - Add Flavor to Hearth Health - February 2013
- Cut Calories with Cauliflower - January 2013
- Holiday Brunch - December 2012
- Poppin' Good Snack - November 2012
- What is on the menu for a healthy kitchen? - October 2012
- Eat Dinner Together - September 2012
- Pack a Better Sandwich - August 2012
- Protect Your Vision...Eat Leafy Greens - July 2012
- Seven Smart Snacks for Men - June 2012
Hy-Vee Healthy Bites
The latest "Healthy Bites" articles from Hy-Vee
September is National Family Meals Month and your Hy-Vee dietitians are encouraging you to eat one more meal a week at home together as a family.
The mini-fridge is an essential appliance for college living. But with limited space, it is crucial to fill it with healthy staples.
Looking for healthy drinks for your kids? Look no further than milk and water.
One challenge we face today is making healthy choices for our meals, and lunch is definitely included in that.
There are several health benefits to eating breakfast as part of a regular routine. Eating breakfast may assist with weight loss or maintenance, increase overall nutrient intake and help kids perform better in school.
The dietitian pick of the month for August is Sun Maid Raisins.
Most of us would agree the best food is locally grown by farmers we know and trust.
Fat is essential to health. They help the body absorb nutrients and fat-soluble vitamins. Vitamins A, D, E and K, need fat to be absorbed by the body.
It is summer time and that means fresh eating. One way to enjoy more nutritious and delicious summer foods is to include more sensational summer berries!
The dietitian pick of the month for July is Hy-Vee 100% Pure Vegetable Oil.
Did you know the average American consumes only 1 to 2 grams of soy protein daily? That represents about 2% of total protein intake.
Go into your kitchen. Now open your cupboard. What kind of oil do you see? Do you know if it's made in the USA? If a bottle of vegetable oil pops out at you, you can bet it probably is.