Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
"Western Walks-a-Thon" is an "Employee Wellness" initiative and is open to all WIU faculty, staff, and administrators.
Western Walks-a-Thon - Fall 2012
- Free of Charge
- Wednesday, September 26, 7 AM - 4 PM
- Open to all WIU Employees and Graduate Assistants
- Healthy snack provided by Hy-Vee
- Hanson Field Track (Rain site: Track inside the Spencer SRC)
- Donations go to the Samaritan Well
- Register at Human Resources, Sherman Hall 105, or the Campus Recreation Office, Spencer SRC.
Samaritan Well Donation
The big check presentation to Samaritan Well from the Employee Wellness Committee on October 14, 2011. The check represented employee donations to Samaritan Well from the Western-Walks-a-Thon.
About Samaritan Well
The mission of Samaritan Services is to provide a supportive, structured and loving home for men, women and children who are homeless and in need of shelter.
Samaritan Services will provide referrals to social services agencies to help men, women and children become healthy, loving, and responsible parents and citizens, thereby breaking the generational cycle of poverty, homelessness, neglect, abuse and welfare dependence.
Equal opportunity shall be provided to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, natural origin, and ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
For more information, visit the Samaritan Well Website.
Western Walks Photo Galleries
Campus Walking Resources
- Argyle Lake Spring Exotic Plant Removal Workday
- Go Outside and Play 5K
- Galesburg Half Marathon Express
- Free Range Yoga
- Strawberry Strut 5 Mile/1 Mile
- Color Blaze 5K (Springfield, IL)
- Quincy YMCA Mississippi Mud Mania 5K
- Adult Swim Lessons at the Rec Center
- Heart and Sole 5K (Mt Sterling)
- Galesburg Railroad Days 5K & 10K
- 13th Annual QND Raider Classic 5K/10K
- John Bliven Memorial Run & Fun Walk (Macomb)