November 15, 2017
- The Social Entrepreneurship Salon at the WIU-QC Campus
- Time: 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Location: WIU-QC's Riverfront Hall 103/104
- Description: The second Social Entrepreneurship Salon for this semester is Wednesday, November 15, at the WIU-QC's Riverfront Hall 103/104.
This salon will be an informal, guided discussion focused on the question of how WIU-QC can help create an "entrepreneurial community" in the QC region that is focused on improving the economic, cultural and environmental quality of life. The Liberal Arts and Sciences Student Organization will provide pizza and drinks during our discussion.
This salon is building on the excellent presentation made by Dr. Chris Merrett and coworkers from the Illinois Institute of Rural Affairs from this past September, in which they introduced their program for helping communities to develop "entrepreneurial communities". Dr. Merrett will return as co-host of this event.
This will be an opportunity to review what we have learned about social entrepreneurship through these salons, and how we can apply the lessons learned practically, to the benefit of our students, our campus, and our region.
- Related Web Site: The Social Entrepreneurship Salon
- Contact Information:
Dr. James Rabchuk
Phone: (309) 762-7095
- Source: College of Arts & Sciences