February 18, 2022
- 49th ANNUAL WIU JAZZ FESTIVAL headline concert with the Jazz Studio Orchestra (JSO) & Jazz Band featuring guest trumpet artist Ashlin Parker
- Time: 7:30 PM
- Location: COFAC Recital Hall
- Description: The 49th Annual Western Illinois University Jazz Festival will be held Saturday, Feb. 19, 2022.
Friday’s main event will be a concert by the WIU Jazz Band and Jazz Studio Orchestra featuring trumpet artist Ashlin Parker.
FRIDAY, FEB. 18 - 7:30pm
WIU JAZZ BAND
Steamsville - Mark Taylor
Love Beams - Mark Taylor
JAZZ STUDIO ORCHESTRA w/Ashlin Parker, trumpet
Program to be selected from the following:
Harlis Laughing - Harold Battiste/arr. Edward Peterson
Skylark - Hoagy Carmichael/arr. Edward Petersen
Tiger Rag - The Original Dixieland Jazz Band/arr. Nicholas Payton
Overjoyed - Stevie Wonder/arr. Edward Petersen
New Orleans - Hoagy Carmichael/arr. Edward Petersen
Concentric Circles - Composed and Arranged Nicholas Payton
Whoopin' Blues - Traditional/arr. Jazz Studio Orchestra (JSO)
This performance is free and open for limited general audience seating, but due to the restrictions currently in place, we ask that patrons scan the QR code and enter contact information upon arrival in the lobby (for contact tracing purposes) and maintain proper social distancing. The ushers will also be able to gather information, for those who might need assistance. Masks are required at all times, in the Recital Hall and lobby.
This performance will also be broadcast on the School of Music's YouTube channel and Facebook page.
Performances in the COFAC Recital Hall are now open for limited general audience seating, with the following guidelines:
· Audience members and participants are encouraged to be vaccinated
· Off-campus visitors are encouraged to complete the WIU self-check before arriving to campus at www.wiu.edu/selfcheck
· Face coverings must be worn by all audience members, at all times
· Ushers will collect information from attendees (name, phone and email) to assist with contact tracing, if necessary
· Audience members will be expected to maintain proper social distancing from others not in his/her group
- Related Web Site: WIU JAZZ FESTIVAL 2022
- Contact Information:
- Source: School of Music