March 7, 2022
- WIU NEW MUSIC FESTIVAL 2022 - CONCERT I featuring guest cellist Craig Hultgren and featured composer Baljinder Sekhon
- Time: 7:30 PM
- Location: COFAC Recital Hall
- Description: This performance is free and open for limited, socially-distanced seating. It will also be broadcast on the School of Music's YouTube channel and Facebook page.
Praying Alone - Baljinder Sekhon
- for open instrumentation (2008, revised 2020)
Secret Cities - Hong-Da Chin
- for cello solo (2021)*
Inner Space - Kyong Mee Choi
- for solo violoncello & fixed electronic media (2009)
Reflecting on an Ecliptic Concurrence - Peri Mauer
- for solo cello (2021)**
Only 4 easy payments of $19.95! - Jasmine Thomasian
- for solo cello & speaking cellist (2021)**
Driftless - James Romig
- for cello with amplification & reverb (2021)*
root - Baljinder Sekhon
- for solo cello (2022)*
Improvisation - Craig Hultgren
- for solo amplified cello (2022)
* World premiere
** First live performance
Since 1998, the annual New Music Festival at Western Illinois University has provided the WIU community the opportunity to hear concerts of recently-composed acoustic and electroacoustic music, curated and performed by WIU faculty and guests. In addition to concerts, the NMF features lectures, panel discussions, masterclasses, workshops, and other interactions between students, faculty, and invited composers that further connect our community to the world of contemporary music.
The featured performer is Craig Hultgren. The featured composer is Baljinder Sekhon.
The festival's directors are WIU Composition Faculty James Romig and Hong-Da Chin
New Music Festival is made possible by support from the WIU Performing Arts Society and the WIU School of Music.
- Related Web Site: WIU NEW MUSIC FESTIVAL 2022
- Contact Information:
- Source: School of Music