February 2, 2013
- National Girls and Women in Sports Day Celebration
- Time: 1:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Location: WIU Macomb Campus--Brophy and Western Halls
- Description: Who: Girls ages 8-18, including Local/Area Girl Scouts (Brownies, Juniors, Cadettes), and Local/Area female student-athletes (attending as teams or individuals)
Registration forms must be received by January 18 to receive a t-shirt at the event. Registration forms will be accepted until January 24 but those registrants will get a shirt at a later date.
Do you like playing sports and staying active? Or maybe you would like to learn about ways to stay fit. Join us for a fun day at Western Illinois University and learn about a variety of sports from the real college student-athletes who play them. Lastly, everyone will head to Western Hall to watch the exciting WIU women’s basketball team in action.
General admission tickets to the game may be purchased in Western Hall by parents or others who would like to attend the game but who will not be attending activities earlier in the day.
Please dress appropriately in athletic clothing and tennis shoes.
1:00 - 1:15 p.m. Check-in Brophy 235; get goodie bag and t-shirt
1:15 - 1:40 p.m. Welcome, Overview of Day’s Activities, Ice Breaker
1:40 - 2:10 p.m. Speakers
2:10 – 3:30 p.m. Activities in Brophy Gym facilitated by Kinesiology students, WIU female student-athletes, coaches, Campus Recreation staff, etc.
3:30 –3:45 p.m. Wrap-up, group photo, gather belongings, walk across to Western Hall
3:45 - 4:15 p.m. Golf Activity on S. Balcony; Resource Tables in behind East Bleachers
4:15 - 4:30 p.m. Participants will be seated together in East bleachers; free pizza slices
4:30 – 6:30 p.m.* Women’s BB Game vs. IUPUI
* Halftime activities – all participants and WIU women’s teams will line up at 2 min. before halftime to go out on the court to be recognized.
See WC web site or e-mail J-Cavicchia@wiu.edu for registration materials
- Related Web Site: Women's Center
- Contact Information:
- Source: Women's Center