March 25, 2017
- University Writing Center Seminar
- Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: WIU-QC Writing Center & QC Complex 2216
- Seminars are free and open to the public.
- You may attend one or both seminars.
- Registration is required. To register, stop by the Writing Center, call (309) 762-9481 ext. 64534, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Muffins and coffee available in the Writing Center beginning at 9:45 am.
10:00 am Conquering the Thesis Statement
Facilitator: Kirsten Dillender, Writing Center Consultant, Teaching Support Assistant
You may have heard that “all roads lead to Rome,” but what you may not know is that all sentences lead back to your thesis. Crafting a thesis statement can be intimidating---how can one sentence possibly capture the essence of your topic? Whether you're a freshman expected to write college papers for the first time, an SCM major assigned a research paper, or a student in the English department who wants to hone your writing skills, this workshop can help you conquer the thesis statement.
11:00 am Writing your Way into an Interview
Facilitator: Laura Winton, Writing Center Consultant, Teaching Support Assistant
It is job-hunting season for many of us. Maybe your resume needs updating, or maybe you have never made one before. Perhaps you have never written a cover letter. Those are just to say “here’s my resume,” aren’t they? Come to a workshop on career writing to get answers to this question and more!
- Related Web Site: English Events
- Contact Information:
Phone: (309) 762-9481 ext. 64534
- Source: Department of English