September 14, 2017
- 15th Annual John Hallwas Liberal Arts Lecture
- Time: 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Union Grand Ballroom
- Description: Western Illinois University College of Arts and Sciences Dean Sue Martinelli-Fernandez will deliver the 15th annual John Hallwas Liberal Arts Lecture Thursday, Sept. 14.
The lecture, "Two Cooks and a Barber: Cultivating the Liberal Arts in Childhood," deals with the crucial problem of fading commitment to the liberal arts in our time and examines how we prepare younger Americans, from early childhood through their high school years, for appreciating those fields. The lecture will be held on the Macomb campus at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept 14 in the University Union Grand Ballroom.
- Related Web Site: Related Site
- Contact Information:
- Source: College of Arts & Sciences